HELP SAVE HISTORIC DOWNTOWN!
Another piece of the Historic Core of DowntowN Los Angeles is threatened by out-of-scale development from an out-of-state developer.
WE DEMAND that the City of Los Angeles REQUIRE an ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT for the 4th & HILL development proposed by the Chicago-based developer Equity Residential!
While we commend the developer for including low-income and market-rate housing, which should be MANDATORY for all new DTLA developments, out-of-scale development that is out of character with the neighborhood is going unchecked with deficient environmental reviews.
Tell the City that you, as a stakeholder, ARE CONCERNED THAT THIS DEVELOPMENT POSES SIGNIFICANT THREATS TO THE COMMUNITY, ITS HEALTH, AND ITS INSTITUTIONS, ESPECIALLY
We the undersigned are CONCERNED that Chicago developer Equity Residential is rushing their 33-story building proposed at 4th and Hill, with NO CONCERN for its SURROUNDING ENVIRONMENT could have a severe and permanent impact on the following:
- INCOMPATIBILITY in mass and scale with buildings within the Historic Core.
- THREATS to the daily commercial operation of GRAND CENTRAL MARKET.
- INADEQUATE environmental review.
- UNKNOWN impact of increased automobile traffic and scarce community resources in the absence of a complete and thorough EIR
- A CANCER hazard due to building over the fumes from the LA METRO subway tunnel.
It is NEGLIGENT of the LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT OF CITY PLANNING, THE OFFICE OF COUNCILMAN JOSE HUIZAR (D-14), and THE OFFICE OF MAYOR ERIC GARCETTI to permit Equity Residential to proceed without performing an Environmental Impact Report!
Please sign the petition below to voice your concerns.